Thursday 1 December 2016

The Tourist by Robert Dickinson



I borrowed this title from NetGalley as it was described as a "conspiracy thriller" and I have a soft spot for those. It was also described as Science Fiction involving time travel, and while Science Fiction isn't really my thing, I thought I would give it a go.

Well now I've read it I have to say it's definitely Science Fiction and the conspiracy thriller aspect is thin to say the least. That's not to say it's not a good book, at least if you want to read some time travel Science Fiction. It's well written and well plotted. I can see that if this was your cup of tea you might really enjoy it. I can't fault  the author's work. But it just wasn't for me.

Probably because it wasn't my kind of book I struggled to get through it and didn't really warm to any of the characters. I found it difficult to really care about the storyline to be honest. I'll keep this review brief, but that's really because I don't want to criticise the book too much. There's nothing really wrong with it and I'm sure there's many people who would enjoy it. I think it's slightly misleading of the publishers to call it a conspiracy thriller but if you're into time travelling Science Fiction this might be the book for you.

two out five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment